Nick is the co-founder, editor and author of Goats On The Road. He contributes to numerous other media sites regularly and shares his knowledge of travel, online entrepreneurship and blogging with the world whenever he can. Nick’s advice has been featured on the Lonely Planet, CNN Money, Business Insider and Forbes and he spoke at the World Tourism Forum in Istanbul about the business of travel blogging.
To read my posts about how to make extra income and how to make money online, such as through blogging, click here. Below are my monthly extra income reports. I recommend checking out my online course for bloggers, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. I earn around $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing and I share my exact strategy and tips in this very informative online course. If you’re a blogger, then you NEED this course.
We charge the members (the people who want to contact you) a small fee to access our website. They pay a small fee to us, which allows them to contact you. There are 2 great benefits to a system like this. The first benefit is that this only allows you to be contacted by paying members of our website, meaning you won't have random people contacting you. The second benefit is that if a member contacts you to make plans, they have paid a membership fee and are 100% serious about hiring you.
I’m a huge fan of blogging because I love writing and connecting with people all over the world. To give you an idea of what is possible with blogging, DollarSprout.com is part of a group of blogs that routinely brings in over $20,000 a month. While it takes time to build your blog up to that income level, you can get the initial set up done in under 30 minutes (no experience needed).
Hi, Nice article. I am not sure about the process though. I can understand, finding a niche. But, when it comes to affiliate programs I get a little lost. Would I be promoting someone else's products? If so, no problem. I know I need to research high end products with gravity, are these products ones in certain stores, or companies, etc.?? If so, do I need to get permissions to be on an affiliate program with that company? Also, if it is products with a company, then how do I offer promotions on their products since they are not mine? Thank you, Nanette Vlahusich
19. eBay – Of course you can’t read an article about making money online that doesn’t mention eBay. You can start an eBay store and get serious about it or you can just sell some stuff to declutter your home. Either way, I’ve made my fair share from selling on eBay and it’s still a popular way to earn money. If you decide to start an actual eBay store, you’ll want to find a drop-ship business like Doba that will store and ship items straight to your customers so you don’t have to deal with an inventory.
The best way to think about affiliate marketing is quality over quantity. There are a lot of small websites that will promote your product, but the key is finding a small number of partners that will deliver conversions. For example, an equity management services firm has over 20,000 affiliates in its system, but only about 25 affiliates generate 85 percent of revenue.
When was the last time you went to a new restaurant without looking it up online beforehand? Or bought a product that didn’t have at least a few 5-star reviews? It seems like more and more our world is run on reviews. And you can make money online by writing them. Get started by creating accounts on sites like Vindale research, Software Judge, FameBit, CrowdTap, Influence Central, and Modern Mom. However, before you run off and start writing, be sure to check the small print on each of these sites. Writing reviews isn’t a huge source of guaranteed income and you want to make sure that it’s worth your time before you get going.
Set up a roadside stand. Depending on where you live, you could profit handsomely by setting up a roadside stand. If you live near a resort area, for example, you could buy cases of bottled water, put them on ice, and sell them to passers by for twice what you paid. Selling fruit and produce you grow yourself is also a smart idea in highly-traveled areas.
If you see yourself in this home - based (telecommuting) position that offers a Monday - Friday schedule, with great potential for career advancement. In providing consumer - oriented ... beginning employment . Job Keywords: RN, Clinical Grievances, Quality of Care, Quality, Investigation, Appeals, Acute Care, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from home, Remote.

If you are a fast reader and have a good grasp of grammar and language then editing may be a good freelance role for you. Editing is a great way to quickly make money online, and there are always editing jobs available on the freelance job sites. Editor’s usually get paid per word, so the faster you can check through work the more money you will make per hour.
My next self-funded business hit $160,000 in revenue in its first year alone. After that first taste of self-made success, I’ve gone on to sign consulting contracts worth tens of thousands of dollars with startups like LinkedIn and Google, launch profitable online courses, and build a following of hundreds of thousands for this blog and my podcast series.
The amount that Lonely Planet pays depends entirely on the scope of the project and whether you’re a guidebook author or just a content contributor for their blog. Of course, as a guidebook author you’ll be paid a salary, plus you’ll have money to pay for your travels in the destination you’re writing about. For the blog, we’ve heard that between $300 – $400 per article is possible, but they still accept some free posts too if you’re pitching as a “guest post” with a link back to your site.
A lifestyle blogger writes about their everyday life, hobbies, and interests. From fashion, beauty tips, and male grooming, to food, restaurants, and travel, anything that you experience can be blogged about. And famous lifestyle bloggers can make big bucks. Once you have built up a following, there are many ways to make a profit. Add affiliate links to your website, promote sponsored services, create your own product range, and much more.
Have lots opinions on what works and what doesn't on the web? Then you might just be right for a "career" in remote usability testing. Actually, no one really makes a career at it, but user testers can pick up some extra work reviewing websites or mobile applications that may still be in development. You don't even necessarily have to be very knowledgeable about the Internet because some developers want the beginner's point of view.
SurveyPolice- This website allows survey-takers to rate survey sites across a range of criterion: speed of payment, the reliability of website (doesn't crash during surveys), quality of customer service, recruiting practices, adherence to privacy standards, etc. It then uses this data to rank the sites and posts the top ten survey sites on its homepage. SurveyPolice also allows users to file complaints against survey sites and attempts to remedy them.
UserTesting hires contractors to try out websites and provide feedback through videos. Companies use this as a way to see how well their sites work and test new re-designs. Workers typically get paid $10 per test. Some testers report that opportunities can be sporadic and competitive. But as a recurring gig, UserTesting can be a real boon for people who are already online.

Yes, you read correctly, that is $0 per article. Despite being one of the largest publications online with a great travel section, Huffington Post is pretty stingy when it comes to paying freelance writers. But this is a very heavily trafficked site and a link back from this domain is probably worth over $1000 in itself, so I’m still including it. They’re also quite easy to write for.

Hold a yard sale. If you have a yard or garage and plenty of items to sell, you can have a yard sale as early as tomorrow. By advertising your sale on local Facebook pages and Craigslist, you can also skip the paid newspaper ad and keep all of the profits for yourself. If you don’t have time to price everything, try asking patrons to “make an offer” or grouping similar items on tables with an advertised price (e.g. everything on this table is $5).
Using a food delivery service can’t necessarily earn you money, but it can help you save you money if you constantly find yourself throwing out half the food you buy. Food delivery services send a box of food every week with new, sometimes unique vegetables, meat, fruit, and so on. If you don’t have time to shop and want simple meal-prep that leads to a good meal, a food subscription service may be perfect for you.
17. Amazon – Have you heard of FBA? It stands for “Fulfilled by Amazon” and it’s getting pretty popular. Basically, you buy products (in bulk is best) and ship them to Amazon for them to store. When your products sell, Amazon packs them up, ships them out and sends you the money (after taking their cut). There are people making a full-time living from FBA, while others just do it for some extra money.

As the name suggests, this magazine is all about cruising, so if you’ve spent time travelling on the open seas than this might be a good place to submit an article. They aren’t overly picky editors, but they do claim: “A good story cannot stand without quotes. Bring the people who you encountered into the story with their words and let them help you tell your story. Avoid trite phrases as quotes, though, such as “We had a wonderful time,” and “The food was delicious.””
Mistake #2: Using the “They must not be my people” excuse to be spammy. I’m not a fan of this common tactic. Here’s how it works: people send a huge number of sales/promotional emails to their list with no warning and with no easy way to opt out. When people complain or unsubscribe, they put it on them (“Oh well, they aren’t my type of subscriber anyway…”), instead of taking responsibility for the spam (let’s call it what it is). What ever happened to “treat others the way you want to be treated”?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – Want an even bigger bonus? Consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card instead. With this card, you’ll earn an amazing 50,000 points after you spend just $4,000 on your card within 90 days. If you turn in those points for cash, they are worth $500! Obviously, you’ll want to pay your balance in full to avoid interest. As long as you meet the minimum spending requirement, this $500 is yours to spend. Plus, this card comes with no annual fee.
I'm looking for someone who is smart, extremely organized, discrete, dedicated and trustworthy to be my executive virtual assistant. I'm looking for an effective individual who is extraordinarily detail-oriented. PLEASE NOTE: This is not an entry-level assistant position. You MUST have at least 2+ years experience as a Virtual Executive Assistant for an executive and/or business owner. I expect this role to be varied. There can be periods of relatively few interruptions to work on long-term projects. Occasionally, this can be a fast-paced, extremely detail-oriented and high-pressure role. You'll handle my personal as well as business details, including travel, file organization, corporate compliance tasks, some scheduling, customer calls and coordination with third parties. I have high expectations for myself and those with whom I work. My expectations for those working with me is to demonstrate ownership and accountability in their conduct and effectiveness. I am looking for someone with extreme attention to detail who enjoys negotiating deals, finding and coordinating the best service providers, optimizing travel arrangements, and who is proactive, system-oriented, and with whom it is pleasant to work. Initially, this will be a part-time role, with a vision to grow responsibilities as we develop trust working with each other. This position is designed to be remote, so you can work anywhere in the US. We communicate via email, text, chat, and phone. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES Assist with corporate compliance details including generating corporate minutes, interacting with bookkeeping/accounting, and reconciling accounts. Assist with the creation/review of business documents, contracts, and create/maintain an organized digital filing system. Facilitate real estate transaction tasks. Handle personal details such as shopping, ordering gifts, scheduling personal appointments, arranging service/maintenance calls, and maintaining household items. Book travel arrangements, including lodging, transportation, and activities. Arrange calls, meetings, and conferences as well as maintaining a personal and professional calendar all while making sure all details are handled in a clear and organized manner. Assist with monitoring of my inbox and emails, including responding to clients, customers, partners, and other business and personal contacts. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Capability and confidence to proactively suggest and set up new systems and processes in order to streamline business and personal organization and functions. Ability to accomplish tasks and solve problems with minimal or no guidance. High level of experience and comfort with Google Apps. Workable knowledge of Podio, Evernote, MindMeister, and Zapier. Workable knowledge of real estate transactions. Ability to quickly learn new software applications. Ability to work under pressure to quickly and efficiently problem solve, while managing interruptions. Ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring that they are correctly prioritized, and relayed or handled at the appropriate time. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE At least 2+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant for a C-level executive, physician, or business owner. Must have exceptional organization skills, be detail oriented and highly efficient. Trustworthy, discreet, and possessing strong personal integrity. Workable initial knowledge of a real estate transaction and the tasks necessary to complete, with a willingness to learn knowledge gaps. Exceptional ability to communicate progress on multiple projects. Forward-thinker who can proactively handle circumstances and situations to head off any crisis situations. Experience managing an executive calendar. Must possess schedule flexibility. Top-notch communication via email and phone, external and internal. Proven ability to prioritize tasks. As this is a virtual position, must be a self-starter, highly disciplined, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal oversight. Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having a limited amount of face-time. less more
Sell CDs and/or DVDs. Back up your collection on a computer or external hard drive, then sell the original discs. You’ll make quick cash and save space at the same time. If you have prized collections (boxed sets, limited-release editions, etc.), sell these individually for what they’re worth; otherwise, sell your discs very reasonably (remember, your potential buyers can also get the exact songs they want instantly by downloading them for buck or less apiece). Even for a mere $4 each, a sizeable collection of CDs can haul in a tidy – sum.
Attorneys preparing for trial often create a mock jury to get feedback from individuals similar to those who may eventually sit on a jury. Since it can be costly to do in this in person in the community where the trial, cheaper online jurors are the logical alternative. They might listen to audio and view video presentations, or read the material and answer questions.
Great list! I have another to consider that I personally have 35+ years experience providing. Clean up litter outside commercial properties on foot using inexpensive hand tools. It’s almost as easy to do as going for a walk! I started doing this as a side gig in 1981 and soon grew it into a profitable full-time business. I share my experience in my book, Cleanlots.
Getting a raise is harder than getting a promotion.  Think about it from your boss’s perspective, would you rather a) pay more money for the same service, or b) pay more money for additional responsibilities. Regardless, sometimes a raise is in order, especially if you have worked for several years without one. Check out Ramit Sethi’s guide on asking for a raise.